Friday, April 26, 2013

The Way To Say It



THE WAY TO SAY IT
 

INTERRUPTING
Am I interrupting
Excuse me for interrupting, but.....
May I add something?
May I ask a question?
I have a question
Excuse me...
Just a minute,
But....
Don’t you think ....
Right, and ....
Wait, .....
Sorry to interupt you, but .....
I’m sorry, I have a question....
May I interrupt you a moment?
I’d like to say something....
I’d like to comment on that...
I might add here.....

SUGGESTING
Why don’t you....
You can always...
I suggest you....
One way would be to ....
If I were you, I would .....
Why not...
Perhaps you could ....
How about ......
Try.....
I have an idea .....
Why don’t we .....
May I make a suggestion?
I would ......

SILENCING
It’s my turn now....
I think, you’ve said enough
I think you’ve had your say.
You just spoke. By the way...
You’re talking too much.
How about letting say something?
Someone else should have a chance.
I think you are dominating.

STATING N OPINION
I think ...
I’m pretty sure...
I’m fairly certain....
 I imagine....
I rather suspect....
I’m almost positive...
In my (personal) opinion....
In my (personal) estimation....
I personally believe ....
I personally think....
I personally feel .....
Personally, I believe (or think, or feel)....
Not everyone will agree with me, but ....

CLARIFYING
If I understand what you are saying....
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that.....
What youare saying, then, is.....
So, then.....
So .....
Do you mean......?
By _____ do you mean....?
I see. In other words.....
Let me go over that again....
Run through that again. You are saying that....
So, it sounds as though....
In other words then .....
Could you explain what do you mean by ....?
I ‘d like to clarify that point.
I’m sorry, what did you say?
Would you mind repeating what you said?
Would you repeat that, please?
I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean....

DIGRESSING
Speaking about....
Speaking of ....
That remind me, ....
By the way, .....
Before I forget, ....
I just thought of something.
Incidentally,.....
I forgot to tell you ....
You know, this reminds me of ....
Oh! Just one thing before we go on.
In a similar but unrelated....
Let me just mention that .....
This really has nothing to do with what we’re talking about, but.....

No comments:

Post a Comment